October 22nd and 23rd 2020 Orla Murphy DARIAH Ireland National Coordinator co facilitated with Prof Claire Warwick, Durham University, the joint AHRC IRC workshops at DCU to co-create a call text for the international DH_UK Ireland community.
By bringing together the outstanding and complementary qualities of the Digital Humanities in both countries, it is anticipated that the funding programme will achieve a broad range of academic, societal and economic impacts, for example by:
- Fostering new partnerships with the creative industries sector;
- Enhancing public access to, and engagement with, cultural heritage;
- Creating new standards in open access;
- Supporting new learning, educational and professional skills.
The networks should take innovative, interdisciplinary approaches to explore the following broad and inclusive themes:
- Digital Humanities,Emerging Technologies and Research Practices
- Digital Humanities and Social Innovation
- Digital Humanities, Cultural Heritage and the Creative Industries
These themes have been developed on the basis of outputs from a workshop which took place in Dublin from 22-23 October that convened leading Digital Humanities experts from both countries.
The subsequent report is published here. The resulting call text is here – deadline Thursday 20 February, 2020.
See the Twitterfeed at #DH_UKIreland for more